Being in isolation means a lot of the time we need to 'get creative' and use what we have lying around the house.
With lengthy postal delays, we thought that this year, a beautiful pasta necklace may be a more meaningful Mothers Day gift than a store-bought item!
So time to raid the pantry and have some threading fun.👌
FYI - threading also has many educational benefits such as strengthening fine motor skills, increasing hand-eye coordination and concentration skills as well as just being fun and therapeutic.
What you need:
⭐ Penne pasta
⭐ 4 x small snaplock bags
⭐ 4 x food dye
⭐ White vinegar
⭐ Elastic or string
⭐ Extra beads (optional)
1. Separate your Penne pasta into the 4 snaplock bags.
2. Squeeze 4-5 drops of food colouring into each bag.
3. Pour 1 tbs of white vinegar into each bag.
4. Shake the bag and smoosh the colour around, leave for 5-10mins.
5. Pour out the contents of each bag onto a towel and leave to dry.
6. Once the pasta is dry to touch, start threading! We stuck a toothpick to the end of our string to make threading easier.
7. Make a pattern with your coloured pasta. We also added wooden beads to jazz up our threading creation too.
🐝 A beautiful gift is a handmade one! 🐝
Don't forget to tag us in your Mothers Day creations #beesybags