Back To School Banana Bread
Banana Bread is the PERFECT lunch box snack. This recipe is tried and tested and is an easy quick recipe that the little (and big) kids will love. Bonus is.. its healthy too 👌
2 eggs 🥚
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil 🥥
1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup 🍯
1/4 cup of milk or Greek yoghurt 🥛
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large ripe mashed bananas 🍌
1 & 3/4 cups of regular whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup of shredded coconut 🥥
Optional: A handful of sultanas, chopped dates, choc chips. 👩🍳
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
2. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. I like to use the silicone type as its easy to tip the bread out once baked.
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
4. In a smaller bowl combine eggs, milk, oil, honey and vanilla. Stir with a hand whisk for 2 mins until combined.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl.
6. Add the mashed bananas and any extra options (choc chips etc).
7. Stir well to combine.
8. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 mins or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
9. Cool for 15mins, slice and enjoy! 😋